The 10th NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference will be held on Wednesday, February 17 and Thursday, February 18, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. These two days of celebration and inspiration are for anyone interested in making sure children have sustainable access to healthy food.
Announced speakers include:
- A panel with new State Superintendent Catherine Truitt and members of her leadership team
- A message from Dr. Mandy Cohen, Secretary of the NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Eric Davis, Chairman of the NC State Board of Education
- Lynn Harvey, Director of School Nutrition and District Operations, NC Department of Public Instruction
- 2020 NC Teacher of the Year Maureen Stover, Cumberland County Schools
- 2020 NC Principal of the Year Kisha Clemons, Newton-Conover City Schools
- Nutrition professionals from school districts, food banks, and community organizations across the state
- Plus best practices, inspiring stories, cooking and recipe demonstrations, and student performances.