Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Gabriel Schuhl, who is the student advisor to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Board of Education. He shares his thoughts about the district’s reentry plan, the importance of listening to teacher & student voice, equity, learning pods, how teachers can keep their lessons interactive, the need for flexibility, race, and more.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Cristina Lane, 3rd Grade Teacher with the Wake County Public School System. Twitter: @OnLearningLane
- Middle School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Special Education Teacher with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @cparsonsec
- High School Panelist: Ryan Gardner, Science Teacher with Lenoir County Public Schools.
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Gabriel Schuhl, Student Advisor to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Board of Education. Twitter: @GabrielSchuhl