Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Dr. Patrice Faison, principal of Carver Heights Elementary in Wayne County, about her experiences leading a Restart school during COVID-19. Dr. Faison was the 2012-2013 Wells Fargo NC Principal of the Year, and she has been credited as a school turnaround expert.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Leanne Rose, 2nd Grade Teacher with Mooresville Graded School District & 2019 NCCAT Beginning Teacher of the Year. Twitter: @TeachRoseGarden
- Middle School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Special Education Teacher with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @cparsonec
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher with Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Dr. Patrice Faison, Principal of Carver Heights Elementary. Twitter: @CarverHeightsES