Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Ivanna Mann Thrower Anderson and Xatli Stox, ESL/Title III consultants at the state Department of Public Instruction, about resources available to English learners during COVID-19.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Sheila Evans, Principal of White Oak Elementary in Edenton-Chowan Public Schools & 2020 Wells Fargo Northeast Region Principal of the Year. Twitter: @SheilaEvansNC
- Middle School Panelist: Tammy White, Band Director with Guilford County Schools. Twitter: @kisertigerband
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher with Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s):Ivanna Mann Thrower Anderson and Xatli Stox (ESL/Title III Consultants at NCDPI). Twitter: @imannthrower and @teachuncaerxatli