Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers conduct an in-depth interview with Matthew Bristow-Smith about his recent selection as the 2019 Wells Fargo NC Principal of the Year. He shares details about his career, his thoughts about principal compensation, and ideas about how principals and teachers can develop strong congenial relationships.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Upward Bound Director (Sampson County Schools). Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Amy Tart, 5th Grade English/Social Studies Teacher at Union Intermediate School (Sampson County Schools). Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- Middle School Panelist: Camille Newman, 7th Grade English/Language Arts Teacher at John Griffin Middle School (Cumberland County Schools). Twitter: @CamNewman1989
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher at Riverside High School (Durham Public Schools). Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist (Cumberland County Schools). Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Matthew Bristow-Smith, Principal of Edgecombe Early College High School (Edgecombe County Public Schools). Twitter: @MBristow_Smith