Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers conduct an in-depth interview with Maureen Stover, who was recently selected as the 2020 Burroughs Wellcome Fund North Carolina Teacher of the Year.
We discuss a myriad of topics including returning to school buildings, remote learning, racial equity, the benefits of Cooperative Innovative High Schools, why social and emotional learning is so important, and more.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Amy Tart, 5th Grade Teacher with Clay County Schools. Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- Middle School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Special Education Teacher with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @cparsonsec
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher with Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Maureen Stover, 2020 Burroughs Wellcome Fund NC Teacher of the Year. Twitter: @StoverScience