Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly interview series focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interviews a guest(s).
For this episode, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Hazel Colwell who is a retired educator and school board member with Clinton City Schools. Recently, Mrs. Hazel was honored with the Pivotal Dark Horse Award and the Order of the Long Leaf Pine for dedicating over 60 years to Clinton City Schools.
This episode’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis – creator, chief content purveyor, and executive producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Amy Tart – fourth grade English/language arts and social studies teacher at Sunset Avenue Elementary in Clinton City Schools. Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- Middle School Panelist: Jennifer Solis – Spanish teacher at Hanes Magnet School in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools. Twitter: @JenniferSolisj
- High School Panelist: Helen Gross – principal of Swansboro High School in Onslow County Schools. Twitter: @DrHelenGross1
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls – elementary AIG specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Hazel Colwell – retired Clinton City Schools educator and school board member.