Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly interview series focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this episode, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Juliana Urtubey (2021 National Teacher of the Year) about a host of topics including advanced teaching roles, developing a diverse educator pipeline, seeing bilingual students as linguistically gifted, & more.
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis creator, chief content purveyor, and executive producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Amy Tart, fourth grade English/language arts & social studies teacher with Clinton City Schools. Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- Middle School Panelist: Caroline Brickhouse, science teacher with Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @brickhouse_sci
- High School Panelist: Elena Ashburn, prinicipal of Needham B. Broughton Magnet High School in the Wake County Public Schools System, 2021 Wells Fargo NC Principal of the Year. Twitter: @NBroughtonHS
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, elementary AIG specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest: Juliana Urtubey, 2021 National Teacher of the Year. Twitter: @JulianaUrtubey3