Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, Rep. Graig Meyer, D-Orange, shares a legislative update with the Tar Heel Teachers. He provides insight into the Senate Bill 438 amendment that he presented, which would have given districts flexibility to utilize Istation or mCLASS. He also gives an update on the budget and a few other important education bills.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Upward Bound Director with Sampson County Schools. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Dondi Hobbs, Principal of Union Intermediate with Sampson County Schools. Twitter: @UISSpartans
- Middle School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Special Education Teacher with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @cparsonec
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher with Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Graig Meyer, NC State Representative for House District 50. Twitter: @GraigMeyer