Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Michael Freeman as he wraps up his tenure as the superintendent of Anson County Schools. Freeman has served Anson County Schools for 39 years, including seven as superintendent. He talks about his experience as a classroom teacher, and he outlines how he prepared for the superintendency through strategic roles and responsibilities.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Amy Tart, 5th Grade Math/Science Teacher in Clay County Schools. Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- Middle School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Special Education Teacher at Spring Lake Middle in Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @cparsonec
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher at Riverside High in Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, Elementary AIG Program Specialist for Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Michael Freeman (Superintendent of Anson County Schools). Twitter: @AnsonSchoolsNC