Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Dr. Peggy Smith as she concludes her tenure as a Johnston County Public Schools Board Member. Dr. Smith is also the coordinator for the Master of School Administration Program at Campbell University.
In 2001, Dr. Smith was recognized as the North Carolina Principal of the Year. In 2012, she was a recipient of the Jay Robinson Education Leadership Award. Topics of discussion include school law, special education, budgets, principal preparation during COVID-19, and more.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Becca Davis, Assistant Principal at Claxton Elementary in Asheville City Schools. Twitter: @MrsBeccaDavis
- Middle School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Special Education Teacher at Spring Lake Middle in Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @cparsonec
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher at Riverside High in Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, Elementary AIG Program Specialist for Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Dr. Peggy Smith (Johnston County Public Schools Board Member & Coordinator of the Master of School Administration Program at Campbell University). Twitter: @JCPS_NC and @campbelledu