The Student’s Session invites every student in North Carolina to weigh in on the issues of gun violence and school safety.
Since the shooting at UNC-Charlotte, we have been working around the clock to think of ways to address school safety in new and innovative ways. EducationNC is ready to empower and include students in this process going forward.
Here’s how it works:
- Any student in North Carolina is invited to participate in the following survey.
- Click the black “Next” button below to get started.
- You will be prompted to agree or disagree with a set of statements that reflect potential solutions to gun violence and school safety. You can also select “Unsure.”
- After reviewing at least five statements, you’ll have the chance to submit your own. Then, project administrators will review your statement. If approved, it will be added to the project for other participants to weigh in on.
- As you work through the project, you’ll also have a chance to review the results of the project so far.
- New statements will be added on a rolling basis, so check back often to continue sharing your opinion with us.
- Once you’re finished, please scroll down to fill out a brief demographic survey.
When the project closes in a few weeks, we will analyze and publish the results to lift up the top solutions to gun violence and school safety. Thank you for participating!
Now, please fill out this brief demographic survey. Your responses will be kept anonymous.