Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Tabari Wallace who reflects on his experiences as the 2018 Wells Fargo North Carolina Principal of the Year. He also shares his thoughts on chronic absenteeism, discipline, turnaround strategies, and other topics facing the principalship.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Upward Bound Director (Sampson County Schools). Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Amy Tart, 5th Grade English/Social Studies Teacher at Union Intermediate School (Sampson County Schools). Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- Middle School Panelist: Dr. Brandon Sutton, Principal of Swain Middle School (Swain County Schools). Twitter: @brandondsutton
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher at Riverside High School (Durham Public Schools). Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist (Cumberland County Schools). Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Tabari Wallace, 2018 Wells Fargo North Carolina Principal of the Year. Twitter: @TabariWallace