Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers are joined by Dr. Bev Emory, deputy superintendent for district and regional support, and two regional case managers: Dr. Jeremy Gibbs (Western) & Dr. Frances Harris-Burke (Piedmont-Triad) to discuss how the NC Department of Public Instruction is providing district and regional support during COVID-19.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Dr. Jennifer Brinson, Principal of Wolf Meadow Elementary & 2020 Wells Fargo Southwest Regional Principal of the Year. Twitter: @jgbrinson
- Middle School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Special Education Teacher with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @cparsonec
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher with Durham Public Schools. Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia