Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers chat with Kisha Clemons about her recent selection as the 2020 Wells Fargo North Carolina Principal of the Year. She is the Lead Learner at Shuford Elementary in the Newton-Conover City Schools.
She shares how her high school band director inspired her to pursue music education as well as why she transitioned to administration. She also talks about her school’s implementation of personalized learning, how she builds mutual trust with her teachers, how they address social emotional learning, and more.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Creator, Chief Content Purveyor, & Executive Producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Cassandra Parsons, Exceptional Children’s Educator Program Specialist at Southside-Ashpole Elementary (Innovative School District). Twitter: @cparsonsec
- Middle School Panelist: Amy Tart, Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher at Hayesville Middle (Clay County Schools). Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher at Riverside High School (Durham Public Schools). Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Kisha Clemons, 2020 Wells Fargo NC Principal of the Year & Lead Learner at Shuford Elementary (Newton-Conover City Schools). Twitter: @Principal_SES