Gov. Roy Cooper announced last Friday that our school buildings will remain closed for the remainder of this academic year. And this week, our General Assembly members returned to Raleigh to consider coronavirus-related legislation, including a number of policies that will impact our public schools.
As we navigate this challenging time, our public schools will continue working to serve our students and families and learning will continue to happen remotely. Today, we are fortunate to have parents from around the state on the show to share their experiences and perspectives on schooling during coronavirus.
- Yvonne Seaman Parent, Granville
- Jenelle Brizendine, Parent Granville
- Xavier Wortham, Executive Director, Oxford Housing Authority
- Jessica Wilkins, Parent/PTO president of Granville Academy
- Alison McCloskey, Moore County Parent
- Ben Willis, Director of the Education Foundation of Caldwell County