Over the course of the last few weeks, EdNC ran a series of profiles on educators and students. Our educators are more than just teachers — they are parents, caretakers, community members, and more. Spend some time with these profiles to get to know their stories and perspectives.
- Brenda Watford: School nutrition director in Thomasville City Schools
- Atoya Barrett: Nursing student at Edgecombe Community College
- Amanda Lee: President Bladen Community College
- Daché Browne: Infant/toddler teacher at Kids R Kids Learning Academy in Charlotte
- Don Tomas: President at Southwestern Community College
- MariaRosa Rangel, Director for Family and Community Engagement in the Office of Equity Affairs in Wake County Public Schools
- Lamonda Thompson and Joy VanDyke: Fifth grade teachers at Forest City-Dunbar Elementary in Rutherford County Schools
The Professional Educator Preparation and Standards Commission (PEPSC) will hold a virtual monthly meeting on Monday, Sept. 21 at 11:30 a.m. The agenda is available online.
The two candidates for governor will make remarks "highlighting their platforms on education funding and policy," the association said.... Read the rest