Top government, education, business, and nonprofit leaders across North Carolina will convene in person in Raleigh, and virtually across the state, on Monday, February 6th for The State of Educational Attainment in North Carolina, hosted by myFutureNC, including:
- Senator Phil Berger, NC State Senate Leader
- Speaker Tim Moore, Speaker of the NC House of Representatives
- Machelle Baker Sanders, NC Secretary of Commerce
- Catherine Truitt, North Carolina Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Eric Davis, Chair, North Carolina State Board of Education
- John Fraley, Board Chair, myFutureNC
- Gary Salamido, President & CEO, North Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- Lynn Good, President & CEO, Duke Energy
You are invited to attend virtually by registering here to learn more about the ways we can all work together to meet the statewide attainment goal and build our future workforce.
The Belk Center is looking for a Director of Finance and Human Resources. Apply today.
The Student Impact Measures Working Group will hold a virtual meeting on Thursday, Jan. 26, at 2:30 p.m. The agenda is available online.
Governor Roy Cooper’s Teacher Advisory Committee met yesterday and covered a variety of topics. Members heard updates on a teacher licensure and pay reform plan, as well as state efforts to change the North Carolina school accountability model. After the lunch break, committee members had a wide-ranging discussion about the licensure reform plan, including potentially soliciting feedback from educators and putting out a statement.
I’m in schools in Yancey and Madison counties today. Follow along on Twitter @Mebane_Rash.
A vision for academic excellence, improving learning conditions, and preparing our students for a world where global engagement is critical to our nation’s standing.... Read the rest