Key dates for this legislative session:
- January 27: The legislature reconvenes
- March 11: Local bill filing deadline in the Senate
- March 25: Local bill filing deadline in the House
- April 6: Bill filing deadline in Senate for most bills
- April 20: House filing deadline for non-budget, non-finance bills
- April 27: House filing deadline for budget and finance-related bills
- May 13: Crossover deadline for bills to have passed either the House or Senate for consideration during the remainder of session
The Friday Institute for Educational Innovation will host a convening on K-12 trends that matter on January 27 at 11am. Here is more information.
The Hunt Institute will host a webinar on supporting housing and food insecure students during a pandemic on January 19 at 3 pm. Here is more information.
Don't miss this podcast with Ford, a member of the state board of education and the executive director of CREED.... Read the rest