Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly interview series focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interviews a guest(s).
The mission of the Office of Learning Recovery at the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) is to serve publics school units by providing the research and support needed to make evidence-based decisions to combat learning loss and accelerate learning for all students. For this episode, Michael Maher, executive director of the office, joins the Tar Heel Teachers to unpack this work.
This episode’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis – creator, chief content purveyor, & executive producer of Tar Heel Teachers. Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Amy Tart – fourth grade teacher at Sunset Avenue Elementary School in Clinton City Schools. Twitter: @Cards4Scholars
- Middle School Panelist: Bernardita Alarcon – ESL & Spanish immersion teacher at East McDowell Middle School in McDowell County Schools.
- High School Panelist: Lyndsay Britt – principal of Hertford Early College High School in Hertford County Public Schools. Twitter: @lyndsaybbritt
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls – elementary AIG specialist with Cumberland County Schools. Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Michael Maher – executive director, Office of Learning Recovery & Acceleration at NC Department of Public Instruction. Twitter: @MichaelMaherPhD