First Book Truck coming to the Triangle
April 24 - April 28
United Way of Greater Triangle is teaming up with First Book during National Volunteer Week 2017 (April 24-28) to help distribute tens of thousands of brand new free books, this spring, to educators and providers serving children in need across the Greater Triangle Region. Registration with First Book is free, and a great resource for you and your students. The brand new books you will receive at our upcoming distribution are just the beginning. First Book is a national nonprofit dedicated to working with educators to provide brand new, free and low-cost books to kids from low-income families. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 150 million new books to more than 275,000 schools and community programs around the country that work directly with children in need. Once registered with First Book, you will have ongoing access to free books through the First Book National Book Bank, and low-cost books through the First Book Marketplace.
All educators working in the below programs are encouraged to sign up with First Book today to get new books through this distribution.
- Head Start
- Title I or Title I eligible School
- USDA Food and Nutrition Program
- Federally Qualified Health Center
- Title VII recipient
- Military family support program
- Library with an E-rate of 90
- A program primarily serving children with disabilities
- A program where at least 70% of children come from low-income families.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY March 15 TO QUALIFY FOR THIS DISTRIBUTION.*
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Sign up online with First Book by March 15 at http://www.firstbook.org/uwtriangle. Signing up is free and takes only minutes to complete.
- Keep an eye on your email. In early April, First Book will send information via email with details on how and where to receive free books for your kids.
- Help spread the word. Each organization is not limited to one registration – all individuals (teachers and other staff) who have needs are encouraged to register.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact First Book at email@example.com or 866-READ-NOW.