Experience the POWER of a New Public Education
April 6 - April 7
C0-hosted by Rowan-Salisbury Schools and Discovery Education, the intent
is to foster conversations surrounding learning through public education.
Participants will see how NC public schools influence student achievement.
The event takes place on Thursday, April 6, 2017 from 9:00AM – 8:00PM with optional school visits on Friday, April 7, 2017 from 8:00AM-11:45AM.
• High School Data Rooms, Power U, Individualized Learning
• Innovative Teaching Practices & Technology
• ‘Farm to Table’ Lunch
• Horizons Unlimited, the district’s ‘STEM Center’
• Student Showcase ~ Students Share Ideas on Improving High Schools
• Educator’s Playground, the District’s Experimental Lab
• Dinner & Play Presented by Jesse Carson High School’s Theater Arts
The second day is optional, and participants will be able to observe
specific instructional practices across the district, such as:
• Problem-Based Learning
• Digital Techbooks from Discovery Education
• Collaborative Spaces
• Station Rotation
• Student-led Data Conferences
For More Information: https://tinyurl.com/z5zyva4
To register for the Day One experience please register here: Day One Registration
To register for the Optional Day Two experience please register here: Day Two Registration