Tar Heel Teachers at Home is a weekly videocast focused on engaging North Carolinians in conversations about education. Each week, a panel of educators interview a guest(s).
In this videocast, the Tar Heel Teachers interview Dr. Michael Maher (assistant dean for professional education and accreditation at NC State University College of Education) about his campaign for NC State Superintendent of Public Instruction. He shares his vision for education in our state as it relates to excellence, equity, and innovation.
This week’s panel:
- Moderator: Marlow M. Artis, Upward Bound Director (Sampson County Schools) Twitter: @TarHeelTeachers
- Elementary School Panelist: Robbin Cooper, Principal of Midway Elementary School (Sampson County Schools) Twitter: @RobbinCooper3
- Middle School Panelist: Justin Parmenter, 7th Grade English/Language Arts Teacher at Waddell Language Academy (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools) Twitter: @justinparmenter
- High School Panelist: Mika Twietmeyer, Biology Teacher at Riverside High School (Durham Public Schools) Twitter: @MikaJHunter
- Support Personnel Panelist: Aritia Smalls, AIG Program Specialist (Cumberland County Schools) Twitter: @SmallsAritia
- Guest(s): Dr. Michael Maher, 2020 Candidate for NC State Superintendent of Public Instruction Twitter: @MaherforNC